New for 2018 at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
New for 2018 at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
Staggering new iconic landmarks for the world famous Miniland and an awesome digital LEGO® Reef
The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is busy preparing spectacular new LEGO® additions for families to enjoy when the Resort opens its doors for the 2018 season on 9 March 2018. Joining a LEGO filled calendar of events - from LEGO® STAR WARS™ Days to Brick or Treat Halloween and LEGOLAND at Christmas - the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is excited to announce the 2018 opening of:
- Miniland Explore the World
- Miniland USA
- LEGO® Reef!
A whole new LEGO world of awesome awaits in 2018, with over 2 million LEGO bricks set to be installed into the Resort’s world famous Miniland attraction and LEGO Reef.
MINILAND EXPLORE THE WORLD
Brand new for 2018, guests will be delighted by iconic new additions from across the globe, as Miniland expands to include landmarks from India, Russia, Australia, and China for the very first time.
In Miniland Explore the World, families can take in the sights including the majestic Taj Mahal (Agra) St. Basil’s Cathedral (Moscow), the Sydney Opera House (Sydney) and the Forbidden City (Beijing). The models will take a team of 55 LEGOLAND Model Makers from across the globe around 12,000 hours to build.
Miniland has been a major attraction at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort since the Resort opened in 1996, and now guests can now stroll from the UK to Australia in the space of a just few minutes.
Little ones can also get a taste of the American dream as a miniature LEGO version of the USA comes to Miniland in 2018. Iconic American landmarks recreated from hundreds of thousands of LEGO® bricks will include a New York cityscape, with the Empire State Building standing at a huge 5 metres tall, and an epic journey along the famous Route 66, taking in Chicago and Arizona. Eagle eyed guests will spot tiny details along the way from Area 51 in Nevada to Cloud Gate in Chicago.
Miniland USA and Miniland Explore the World will open from 9 March 2018.
An awesome digital aquarium, LEGO® Reef, also joins the line-up of exciting new attractions at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort for 2018. Families can dive deep under the sea and build colourful sea creatures out of virtual LEGO® bricks using touch screen technology.
Bursting with interactive fun, guests can create their very own virtual LEGO fish using touchscreens, before casting them off into the ocean and watching them swim through the interactive floor to ceiling coral reef. They will even be able to ‘feed’ their hungry new LEGO creations at the press of a ‘feed me’ button! What’s more, guests will also be able to explore their imagination and build LEGO starfish, crabs and submarines at the free building stations. The LEGO® Reef joins the Park just in time for the season opening on 9 March 2018.
With all of this and over 55 rides, live shows and attractions to enjoy at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, those who opt for a short break can stay at the unique LEGOLAND Hotel or the enchanting new LEGOLAND Castle Hotel located right on the edge of the park. Stay in a LEGO Friends, Pirates, Adventure, Kingdom, Knights or Wizards Room jam packed with fun features and separate sleeping areas for children and adults. The Hotels are brimming with LEGO surprises, including the splash-tastic LEGO Pirates Splash Pool, full evening entertainment programme and even a smoke breathing LEGO Dragon.
- Park ticket prices/opening
- Park opens from 9 March until 1 November 2018 (closed on selected midweek days in March, April, May, September and October )
- Tickets from £32 on selected dates, when booked online at least 7 days in advance
- 2018 tickets available now. Book here: www.legoland.co.uk/tickets-and-passes/online-tickets/ or call 0845 373 2640
- Resort Hotel prices
- Castle Hotel – Premium themed family rooms available from £111pp for a family of 4. Including breakfast park tickets for two days, plus special exclusive benefits including drinks vessels, swim bags, factory bricks and exclusive pop badges.
- LEGOLAND Hotel - Themed family rooms available from £96pp for a family of 4. Price includes breakfast and park tickets for two days.
- Book here: www.legolandholidays.co.uk/
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, NINJAGO, the Minifigure, DUPLO and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2018 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO®bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai and LEGOLAND®Malaysia and LEGOLAND Japan
- Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, 13 hotels and 5 holiday villages in 24 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable experiences to its more than 60 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its c.27,000 employees (peak season). Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information