Westminster Abbey is partnering with the Royal Commonwealth Society in 2018 to explore and celebrate the diverse countries and cultures of the Commonwealth and their links to Westminster Abbey.
During February Half Term, Westminster Abbey is offering a week of Commonwealth activities for families with children aged 3-13, culminating with a special Family Day on Friday 16th February.
Top 5 attractions on Family Day:
- Visit the Abbey to see the site of the annual Commonwealth Service, attended by Her Majesty, The Queen.
- Create a work of art, collaborating with a Commonwealth artist that celebrates 52 countries from around the world working Towards a Common Future.
- Join performers from Commonwealth countries as they perform dances, stories and music from their cultures (check the Abbey website nearer the time for more details)
- A special Commonwealth-themed family trail of Westminster Abbey guiding you through the Abbey’s rich connection to the Commonwealth.
- Visit the historic Chapter House to view all 52 Commonwealth country flags. Activities available to explore this incredible rainbow of colours.