National Rail Complimentary Tickets
Complimentary Off-Peak Return train tickets on the National Rail network:
- Complimentary tickets can be used for travel on any services provided by the following train companies – Arriva Trains Wales, c2c, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry, East Midlands Trains, Grand Central Railway, Great Northern, Great Western Railway, Greater Anglia, Hull Trains, London Northwestern Railway, Merseyrail, Northern, ScotRail, South Western Railway, Southeastern, Southern, Thameslink, TransPennine Express, London North Eastern Railway, Virgin Trains and West Midlands Railway.
- Your return journey must be completed on or before the final date shown on your tickets. Please see the following terms and conditions for full details of when and how your tickets can be used.
- If you are making a longer distance journey, we strongly recommend that where possible you make a seat reservation in advance of your journey. If you do not have a seat reservation, a seat is NOT guaranteed.
- Please write your name and the details of your journey clearly on the accompanying free rail tickets before you begin your journey. Please take along some form of identity when you travel.
- You do not need to visit the Booking Office - simply show your rail tickets together with this accompanying letter and documentation to any ticket barrier or on-train rail staff on request.
Enjoy your journey!
Terms and Conditions:
1. One ticket entitles one adult or one child to one free return rail journey between two stations using the services of the participating train companies detailed below.
2. Tickets can be used for travel on services provided by the following participating train companies - c2c, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry, East Midlands Trains, Grand Central Railway, Great Northern, Great Western Railway, Greater Anglia, Hull Trains, London Northwestern Railway, Merseyrail, Northern, ScotRail, South Western Railway, Southeastern, Southern, Thameslink, TransPennine Express, Transport for Wales, London North Eastern Railway, Virgin Trains and West Midlands Railway.
3. Tickets are valid for travel in Standard accommodation only.
4. Unless you have a seat reservation (where available), a seat is NOT guaranteed.
5. Tickets can be used for travel any day of the week, but are NOT VALID for travel on any train service timed to depart before 10.00 Monday to Friday. Tickets are also NOT VALID for travel on the following Virgin Trains West Coast services:
- Departing London Euston on Fridays between 1400 - 1500 and 1845 - 1959.
- Departing Birmingham for destinations in Scotland on Fridays between 1500 - 1800.
6. No break of journey is allowed and the return journey must be completed before or on the final date shown on your tickets. This date cannot be extended under any circumstances.
7. Tickets are NOT VALID for travel on any other rail, road, metro or water services.
8. Tickets are NOT VALID for travel on London Underground, Bus, Docklands Light Railway, Riverboat or Tramlink services.
9. Tickets are NOT valid for travel on Sleeper services or any train services operated by Heathrow Express, Heathrow Connect, Stansted Express, London Overground or Eurostar.
10. Tickets are NOT VALID if left blank, altered, mutilated or defaced.
11. Tickets are not transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged or upgraded for any other merchandise or tickets. Complimentary tickets have no monetary value and are not for resale.
12. All travel is subject to the National Rail Conditions of Carriage - www.nationalrail.co.uk/nrcc.