Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
The cookies used on the Days Out Guide website are:
- Days Out Guide voucher basket cookie: used for storing what a user has in their basket.
- Days Out Guide Voucher Basket Lease cookie: used for calculations based around basket duration.
- Days Out Guide cookie: used for user authentication.
- Google Analytics cookie: used to track repeat visits to the site.
- Third-party cookies
How are these cookies are used on Days Out Guide?
The Days Out Guide voucher basket cookie:
- Remembers what is in your voucher basket.
- Remembers how far you are through the voucher selection and download process.
The Days Out Guide Voucher Basket Lease cookie:
- Stores the time and date that the main basket cookie was created.
The Days Out Guide cookie:
- Remembers your log-in details, remembers things like information you've entered on registration forms when you navigate to different pages in a single web browser session.
- Identifies you as being logged in to the Days Out Guide website and makes sure you're logged in areas that are secure.
- These cookies allow the Days Out Guide website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, address and postcode) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
Google Analytics cookie:
- The Days Out Guide website uses Google to link repeated visits from the same user, i.e. identify the unique visitor stats. There is a cookie created when a visitor arrives for the first time at the Days Out Guide website and stays on the visitor's computer so that when they next visit the website Google can recognise them as a previous visitor and link their activity to their last visit.
- Doubleclick Floodlight tags are used on Days Out Guide to track the effectiveness of online media activity. None of the information or data collected is personal; it is simply based on internet provider (IP) addresses. The purpose of both the Floodlight tag and any additional tags implemented within them is to measure and optimise paid-for media. The data is not used by us or the advertising networks for any other purpose outside of this.